While landscaping may not be on your mind during Pittsburgh’s cold winter months, the fact is that planning for your lawn and garden year round can help it to thrive and look beautiful come spring, and last until the fall! Fortunately, the experts at 20 Landscaping are available to help you with all of your landscaping and hardscaping all year long! Below are some year-round tips that can help to keep your lawn thriving and your landscaping looking gorgeous:
- January – This is the month where you can start fresh and plan your garden for the new year? Whether you are looking to change up your landscaping, add some hardscaping, or add some new plants or even an organic vegetable garden, now is the time to do your research and plan it!
- March – March in Pittsburgh can be somewhat temperamental. If you are planting in seeder pots, this is a great time to start, as well as pruning shrubs and cleaning winter debris from your yard.
- April – While there can still be frost that can kill flowers and plants, you can still begin the process of fertilizing your yard, planting grass seed, mulching and edging.
- May – Once the danger of frost is over, this is the ideal time to plant. Be sure to check your soil conditions before planting, so that your plants will thrive.
- June – It’s not too late to plant in June! Lawn care is important during the summer months, making sure your lawn is properly mowed and watered.
- July – Continue to maintain your lawn and ensure that it and your plants receive the proper moisture. Weeding is also necessary to preserve your plants.
- September – It’s time to begin planning for fall lawn maintenance. That includes fertilizing, planting planting any cool weather florals, such as mums or pansies, and planting bulbs for the spring.
- October – This time of year is ideal for cleaning up the yard, tending to the perennials, as well as bringing in the potted plants that won’t survive the cooler temperatures. Be sure to rake the leaves from the lawn and flower beds.
20 Landscaping is here to serve your landscaping and hardscaping needs, regardless of the season! We are proud to be locally-owned, providing Pittsburgh residents with the perfect solution to their landscaping needs. To learn more about our services, whether it is lawn maintenance or a custom hardscape design, contact us today!