When your yard is in need of a barrier, a retaining wall is a necessary element of your hardscaping. Retaining walls are used to level out uneven ground as well as hold the soil in place to keep it from eroding, which can create problems on your property. A retaining wall can be built to serve a structural purpose or as as aesthetically pleasing complement to your current landscape. When you have a professionally built retaining wall, it can blend seamlessly with your existing architecture and create a functional yet appealing space.
In addition to serving their main function of leveling property and and preventing soil erosion, retaining walls have a number of other benefits that you may not be aware of:
- Retaining walls drain excess water. Particularly on properties that are uneven, or sloped, a retaining wall can serve to drain waiter away from the property to prevent flooding. Special drains can be installed in and behind the retaining wall, controlling the flow of water and guiding it to a nearby source. A drainage system will also reduce pressure on the retaining wall from water and allow the structure to retain its shape and purpose.
- Retaining walls prevent property damage. It has already been discussed how retaining walls prevent soil erosion, but it is important to understand that the wall itself protects your property by preventing soil from falling onto it, as well as sliding away from the foundation, which can be extremely damaging.
- When properly built, retaining walls require little to no maintenance. There are so many other aspects to your property that require maintenance and care, if properly constructed, a retaining wall is not one of them. There are a number of materials available in today’s market that are durable, eco-friendly, and stylish, allowing you to get the most for your money.
- Retaining walls add style to your property. Aside from serving a practical purpose, retaining walls are pleasing to the eye. They can be integrated into your existing landscaping plan to enhance your entire property.
- Retaining walls can be multi-purpose. If you are looking for a creative way to add a planter or a garden bed, a retaining wall is an excellent choice. With a variety of materials available in various colors, shapes, and sizes, adding a retaining wall to your landscape can help to bring out your creative side.
20 Landscaping can work with you to design an attractive retaining wall that will greatly enhance the overall beauty of your landscape, while meeting your needs in terms of style and budget. Our professional team has the tools, the knowledge and the experience to ensure that your hardscapes and retaining walls are professionally designed and installed, to create a functional and aesthetically pleasing addition to your property.
If you are interested in knowing more about retaining walls, or any of our other landscaping or hardscaping services, contact 20 Landscaping today.
For both functional and aesthetic reasons, you need to work with Proscapes to ensure that your hardscapes and retaining walls are professionally designed and installed.
If you’re interested in hardscapes like retaining walls, contact us today!